Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Welcome Second Grade Families!!

 I am so excited to start this year!!  We have a fabulous class filled with 18 amazing second graders!  The first day of school is right around the corner, so here are a few dates that I want to remind you of.


Curriculum Night:  I will be hosting a curriculum night this Thursday, August 25th with a few other second grade teachers.  The half hour presentation starts at 6:00 p.m. in Room 11 (Mrs. Thibault's room) with time at the end for questions.  This is a very low key event where we will provide a general overview of the second grade curriculum.  If you can't make it, don't worry because I will send home a newsletter full of the same information.  My classroom will not be open on this night. 


Open House:  On Tuesday, August 30th, all of my second graders and their families are invited to Room 9 from 8:00 - 9:00 a.m.!! This is a chance for students to meet me (again), get familiar with the classroom, and find some old friends to make their transition easier!  I will have a small scavenger hunt for the students to complete which ends with a small gift.  I will also have their green home/school folders ready for you to take home with some information to look through before the first day of school.  This is a very relaxed event and it is a great way to start the year!!  (Don't forget to return the green home/school folder to Room 9 with your child on the first day of school.)


First Day of School:  The first day of school is Wednesday, August 31st.  School starts at 8:30 a.m. and goes until 3:00 p.m..  You can drop your child off at UMS no earlier than 8:10.  I will be on the playground by 8:20 to help out anyone who needs a hug! 

No comments:

Post a Comment