Thursday, September 23, 2010

Homework Time!

Homework has finally started!!  I don't know who is more excited, the students or me!  This week I have sent home two math homelinks and a reading log. Each day I will teach a math lesson that will reinforce the topic of the homelink.  Nothing will ever be sent home that is unfamiliar to the children (they just might not remember what we learned that afternoon)  I will go over each math homelink at school before I send it home and I expect it completed and back at school the next day.  Reading logs, on the other hand, go home on Monday and aren't returned until Friday.  Each child should be reading at least 10 minutes a night, but I would love to see everyone read even more than that!  Next week, I will also send home the spelling skill that we are working on.  I do not want children to memorize any list, just practice the skill and try spelling it in different words.  This week we reviewed short vowels and digraphs (ch, sh, wh, and th).  Next week I will introduce words that have double ll, zz, ff, and ss such as kiss, fuzz, doll, and cuff.  There is no homework assigned for the weekends.

I am still waiting for a few more permission slips before I begin writing more entries and posting pictures on our class blog. I am also waiting for my new camera to help me in this endeavor.  My goal is to post something at least once a week! I appreciate your patience as I get this blog "off the ground"!

No comments:

Post a Comment